Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How do you pronounce Matt Pacini?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2001
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I couldn't resist! Actually, I really want to know. It looks like it could be pronounced many different ways. By the way, hows your new movie coming along? I see there's finally something on your site, it looks cool so far.

    Corey Doyle

  2. #2
    Inactive Member c_77's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2001
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ha! I don't know. My last name is Hebb, and everybody immediately says Heeb, which is almost a derogatory term. It's spelled and pronounced just like Webb with an H; so why would they say that? I don't get it!

    If i call and order a pizza it's total confusion. I spell it out and still get, Haeb, Hebd, Hedd, etc. I'm almost ready to change it to Webb.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ha ha!
    This is funny!

    Anyway, my grandfather on my dad's side came here in the late 1890's from Lucca Italy, and I guess someone Americanized the name at some point, because we always pronouced it Pacini, with the "c" sounding like an "s", but the correct way is really to make it sound like "PachEEnee", if that makes sense.
    Like Al Pacino, with an "I" instead of an "O".
    (Guess how many times I've had to say that?")
    So anyway, I answer to either pronounciation, because I hear them about 50/50, although I've had a couple Italians berate me for using the Americanized pronounciation.

    As for my website, I really need to spend some time on it in the near future.
    I'm gonna put lots of frames from the movie, scripts, bios on everyone, etc., and stuff from my present project also, which is going well, although slowly (just finally getting going on it).
    If anyone's interested, visit it in a couple months or so. Hopefully there'll be more stuff on it by then.
    www.blackforestentertainment.com

    Matt

  4. #4
    tfunch24
    Guest tfunch24's Avatar

    Post

    My last name is "Funch," but it is pronounced "Funk."

    If I had a nickel for every time I've had to correct somebody about the pronounciation of the name, the heck with Super 8, I could afford to shoot in 70mm.

    Tom

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Rob Skates's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2002
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just had to comment. My last name is Skates. People seem to think Gates sounds more like a real last name. I nearly always have to say "Skates...just like roller skates" If anyone out there knows any other Skates's I'd love to hear about it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice webpage, matt...my last name is Buckles, pronounced just like you would think, but lots of people try and sound it out like "bee-you-kolz"....?? Yeah, Tom, I thought your last name was pronounced with a "ch" instead of "funk"...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •